If you were here in 2009, You Get it. If you came for the first time this past week, You Get It. Over the Hump is awesome the first time or the 119th time. That’s what’s so special, OTH is a unifier of a fun factory! Now it’s time for 10 Year Over The Hump Anniversary Party
We started August 22, 2009 with one goal: Create A Race for Everyone! To create a race experience that would allow new racers to enter the bike-passion tribe while giving passionate riders a local place to race.
TWO SPECIAL 10 YEAR CELEBRATION CONTESTS THIS TUESDAY
Pre 1999 Classic Bike Race Class & Show
Ride what you brung. THIS WEEK ONLY RACE YOUR OLDY BUT GOODIES-
Change classes, or have this be your first and only 2019 race…come ride, Open Class Men & Women, points count for team competition…[check out Rich’s set up from 2009 in his video for race 2 OTH]…this is a classic and ready to race.
- Open class (women and men together)
- 1999 or earlier bikes only
- 2 Laps Beginner/Intermediate Course
- Must have chain and working brakes (No disc brakes unless original, and we haven’t seen any)
- Post Race we’ll put them on their kickstands and gawk at the classics
- Points will not accumulate for your full season points (this is a one week only class)
- Points will translate to your team standings, based on finish points
- Racers may switch to Classic Class (1999 Bikes or Older) for this week, then back to normal class after the week.
- All Racers in the Classic Class (1999 Bikes or Older) will receive a 10 Year Commemorative Anniversary Pint Glass for participation.
Register online now, or onsite Tuesday…just confirm you’re in the right class at “Speed Check” before the race.
BUTTON UP AND CUT OFF COSTUME CONTEST:
Grab your button up and cut-off’s as your race kit. Dress and win some OTH and other sponsor swag! Wear it, race in it, and then strut it down the catwalk.
Prizes for obscure categories, like “Best Tan Lines” “Most Hillbilly” , and we’ll see what else we can make up in the next 4 days.
Earn your 10th Anniversary Pint Glass by Racing 9 Races
Irvine Lake has been SoCal’s Midweek Race Home for 10 years so we’re breaking out a 10 Year Anniversary Collector’s OTH Pint this week.
Earn yours by racing any 9 of this season and we’ll hand you yours at our Anniversary Party Race 10 or the following two weeks when you get your 9th.