(Keep your number – it will be yours for the entire series)
- HAVE FUN!
- RACERS MUST WEAR HELMET.
- Only human-powered, non-motor assisted, traditional pedal bicycles will be scored in race classes (no E-bikes, or any other assisted bike).
- Racers must start in their CLASS (Class Codes are marked on the RIGHT calf).
- Racers must cross finish line with their bike.
- NO headphones, earphones, MP3 players, etc. are to be used anytime you are on the course.
- Short cuts result in disqualification. If you leave the course, re-enter where you left.
- Racers must complete all laps for their category. Non-completion of all your laps is a DNF.
- Racers are permitted support. Racers may leave the course for repairs, but must return to exact location where they left.
- ALL RACERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION. (CLICK HERE TO VIEW)
- Over the Hump reserves the right to refuse entry to venue or race entry to anyone, for any reason.
How To Get Scored
We’re timing with RFID chips on your number plate; here’s what you need to know. Proper scoring is your responsibility (finish line, number plates, etc.)
You MUST do all of the following if you want to be scored.
- Register in the proper class – see the Class/Category list at registration.
- Your number plate attached to the FRONT of the bike – RIGHT SIDE UP – on TOP and on the OUTSIDE of all cables and brake lines. See examples below!
- Your number MUST be in plain view facing forward.
- DO NOT hang your hands over the number plate under the Start/Finish Arch.
- DO NOT go through the finish line if you are not finishing!
- After you cross the finish line STAY IN ORDER and exit the course at the marked exit.
- If you do not finish, start, or complete all your laps, DO NOT GO THROUGH THE FINISH LINE. You MUST sign the DNF Sheet at the Registration Table.
- KEEP FINISH AREA CLEAR. After crossing the Finish Line, exit the course at the marked exit.
- KEEP your number plate. It will be YOUR number plate for the entire season! If you lose your number plate you will need to purchase a new number plate ($5).
Correct way to mount your chip equipped number plate
Your number plate must be mounted on the front of your bike IN FRONT of all wires and cables with number facing forward and CLEARLY VISIBLE.
Nothing can be in front of your number plate or the chip will not read properly
You will NOT get scored if ANY CABLES ARE IN FRONT OF YOUR NUMBER PLATE
You will be going under the Start/Finish arch each lap. This will give you lap times. After your last lap you will exit the course at the marked exit.
Yes, we use chip timing at Over the Hump, along with Video Backup.
- No number plate with chip, no score.
- Number plate must be properly installed – see the ABOVE for instructions on how to properly install your plate.
- Absolutely no crossing through the Start/Finish arch area unless you are racing (during practice, prior to the race, is OK).
- NO bikes in or near the Scoring/Timing area or timing arch unless directed.
- Sportsmanship & Conduct: Foul riding, use of profane language towards other riders, and other unsportsmanlike behavior is prohibited. The penalty imposed is at the discretion of the Race Director.
- Racer protests must be filed in writing with the race director, within 15 minutes of completing the race. This is a FUN race: disputes will be handled fairly with involved parties, ultimate decision will be by the Race Director. If you need to request review of posted results that may be done here NO LATER THAN 5PM THE DAY FOLLOWING THE RACE YOU ARE REQUESTING REVIEW.
ALL RIDERS MUST READ:
Category (Class) Descriptions:
Category Number System
We use numbers for series points. You will have the same number for the entire series. KEEP THIS NUMBER.
Lost number plates are $5 and can only be issued by OTH (no homemade number plates!).
Scoring and Points
- All scores are FINAL after the officials review the scores and race outcome is determined. Racer will receive points in their race class. (Note: there are sometimes changes in finishes determined by official review the day after the race…review time is allowed until 5pm the day after the race in most cases unless stated on awards night, etc). Any scoring changes reflected on the website are the official results.
- In the event of a tie, winner will be determined by: the most firsts, then seconds, then thirds, etc.
- If you change classes you will not be able to add your series points for both races, and will only be scored in each category raced.
- Racers who move up a class keep 1/2 points scored from lower class.
FOR 2021 ALL RACERS SERIES POINTS ARE CALCULATED = best 6 out of 8 races scored
Individual Race points.
Racer’s worst scores will automatically be dropped if more than the minimum number or races are completed.
Here’s how individual scores will tabulate?
|Finish Order in Each Class||OTH 3.0 (Points for finish order)|
Come join us and let’s get after the fun of 2019.
Team Scoring is different
In the Over the Hump team competition your finish order is how we score, and the more racers you have, the more points you can score up to 10. (See team competition rules for SMALL TEAMS & LARGE TEAMS).