Over the Hump NEW Mountain Bike Team Competition Kicks Off July 17…when we resume racing after the break.
We’ve done teams before, but never like this. This year the second half of the season kicks off with a 6 race team competition. Stealing a little bit of thunder for the very accomplished SoCal League (National Interscholastic Cycling Association) this years team competition has some awesome equalizers….EVERY TEAM HAS A CHANCE TO WIN…not just the fastest classes, or Super Sport Racers.
- 2 or more person co-ed teams
- You score the top 4 Racers with at least one of the opposite sex (i.e. three females and one male
- Note: optimal size is about 5-7 so that if somebody can’t make the race you still have four scoring riders.
- Team points are based on the sum of your individual points for the each of your top 4 scoring riders in each of their classes with at least one of the opposite sex.
- Team registration lasts for the whole series. No switching teams.
- Team registration must occur prior to 2nd team race on July 24th.
- 5 races will be scored with 1 drops, so a committed crew or a large enough team is key.
- Podium prizes for the top 3 teams
TeamStrategy – BIG HINT:
When does Mountain Bike Team Competition registration open?
Team competition will open on Wednesday June 13.
Team captains can form teams, and either leave them open or password protect them to allow other riders to register online.
What can you do now?
Start recruiting your team. A gal who’s winning the Junior B groups is may be a more valuable draft pick than a a 10th place Sport racer….Faster does not mean better, unless it’s in relation to their selected class.
We’re excited about the new Team competition, and know it’s going to add a lot of fun to our 2nd half of summer fun!